Monday, May 19, 2014

"Pray for us while you're out there", she said

"Pray for us while you're out there", she said.

"Believe me, I do" was my quick parting reply.  But then I felt compelled to turn around and gently remind her that "Every step is a prayer"

I was out for an afternoon walk, and she spoke to me both on the way out of town and the way back in.  She knew who I was, and though she had some details wrong, she knew of my fast approaching Camino.  I probably should know her name, but it escapes me right now.  But one thing I know ... God knows her name.  And he knows her needs.

And He knows that she, like the rest of us, needs prayer.  Not necessarily for anything specific, but we all need prayer,  We are spiritual beings with spiritual issues for which we need spiritual help.

On my 60th birthday I walked 60 km around Winchester.  I had called it a "prayer walk" and several people sent me what I would classify as significant prayer requests.  About halfway through the walk, when my feet had become so sore I could barely move, I remember telling God, "I have no words left, so I hope You'll accept every step as a prayer."

So our Camino is a prayer walk.  Not that we'll be consciously praying "words" all day, every day. (I think that when it comes to prayer, words are highly overrated).  But once again, every step will be a prayer, and some of those will be prayers for YOU!

If you want to, feel free to email us your prayer requests.  Or write them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment