Monday, September 22, 2014

A Happy Trooper!

Thurland has dubbed me "Trooper".  

Today I am a happy Trooper!

We have reached Leon and after a bit of confusion with getting to the Eurostar Hotel we have our "home" for two nights.

I asked Thurland, as we looked for the place, if it was a 3 star, 2 star, or what? His reply was "I can't remember."  My sceptical remark that followed was "or you just didn't bother to check".
You can imagine my surprise when we got here to see it was 4 star!  What a good man! (And at the price of a 2or3 star!)    Love  booking.com

We were served by a very nice lady at the hotel desk. She was so busy running the desk alone with people arriving, phones ringing and keeping it all in stride.


So we went to our room. Canadians need a instruction manual for Europian Hotels. Who knew you had to use your room key to have lights!  They have unique ways to save electricity.

Next, inspect the bathroom... WHAT....NO BATH TUB!!!  A soak for my weary bones is so what kept me going the last day or two ... Or three! 

So, knowing what a sweet lady she was,  I dared to go back to the hotel desk and request a change to a room with a tub. Her reply was "Sorry, no." And then as she scanned over her computer screen this wonderful sparkle came into her eyes "Yes! I have one!"    Ah yes! The Camino gives you what you need!  I would prefer to say "God gives me what I need" but either way, I got my tub! 



And soak I did!!!!  There is a huge window over the tub so with it open it was like soaking in a tub outdoors!  New experience for me! 

Lunch "arrived"  to add to the days pampering. Delicious bocodillo and a wonderful dessert to top it off!

He can call me whatever he wants! 
He knows how to treat his wife and his dog!

Buen Camino!





1 comment:

  1. This must feel like the next best thing to Heaven!! Hallelujah :)
    Now That is more like it !

    ReplyDelete